Afterwards, it got me thinking that one of the greatest compliments I've gotten when I've done this sort of thing is that I'd been clever.
- Clever makes me feel good - a very positive rush.
- Clever is a little added oomph that makes a good solution into a cool solution.
- Clever has a feeling of fun and wit to it that is missing from it's more boring cousins capable, organized, or methodical.
- Clever pushes against the ordinary and admits that there's more to life than following a procedure.
- Clever adds fun to the journey.
There are some who see clever as a negative - it reeks of non-reproducibility and heroic-effort rather than the more dependable repeatable-process and committee-based decision. Yikes! Quite boorish folks if you ask me! Give me the adroit and courageous over that hesitant ilk any day!